Sunday, January 30, 2011

I did it!

I did it.  I wore the dress.  A great time was had by all.  The food was good, the company was delightful, and the karaoke was....new.

Tony and I are officially old and left early because we were just so tired. 

I nearly forgot to get a picture of the two of us (typical), but when I was reminded, I naturally had to take two pics.  One to show off the ruffles, and one of my "good side" including a glimpse of my peacock headband.



I thought the dress was more modest until looking at the pictures.  It's a good thing Monica lent me a black shawl!  Thank you all for the encouragement to suck it in up and "suit up".  This morning we had a lovely brunch at a co-worker friend of Tony's and had some ridiculously delicous food.  When Katie offered to send us home with some of her amazing muffins I told her I couldn't, as I would probably eat them all within minutes of getting home where no one could watch or judge me.  Everyone was listening, apparently, and laughed.  I laughed too...

 except I was entirely serious.

I have been the lame duck thus far on my GetFit team, and am newly motivated after weighing myself yesterday.  Only 9.5 lbs to go!  (Yes ,9.5, not 10).  The challenge goes until April and I have decided to go for an extra five pounds if I reach my goal-weight early.

Here we go!

1 comment: