Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And then there were three :)

We had planned to wait until I was at least 12 weeks along, but I am bad at keeping secrets, and a little pin on pinterest sparked some controversy, (not to mention my tummy is officially puffy) so I am excited to share that we are 10 weeks closer to being a family of five :) 

If you are good at deciphering these, you may notice we likely have another chunky one on our hands :)
 Regardless of my attempts to delete comments on Facebook, I think it's suffice to say that this is no news to half of you reading this.  When I first found out, just shy of 5 weeks along, I was bragging daily to Tony about how great I felt.  My first pregnancy, with Miss Lu, was all "ruffles", you could say.  I felt great, "glowed" and ate everything I wanted with no problems....besides the 60-70ish lbs I put on.  The second time around, with Clara, I woke up one morning and felt "pregnant", was exhausted, wanted to vomit at the smell of everything, etc, etc.

Anyway, I was feeling great.  I was so excited about how great I was feeling, as I now have two little crazies to chase around and morning sickness was just not an option.  About a week after finding out, I was taking a crochet class on a Saturday morning (go ahead, judge) and had to leave the class to vomit and walk next door to pick up some snacks and Acetaminophen.  I was completely useless the rest of the day.... and several days after.

Lucy overheard me use the word "pregnant" over the phone early on and is extremely excited to be a big sister again.  She insists we have twins this time, both girls, of course.  (Occasionally she wants one boy and one girl like Dora's mommy had)  Clara carries around two baby dolls at a time, never one, always two.  Naturally I have been a tad paranoid about having twins.  Our ultrasound last week confirmed that I am carrying one.

Lucy has been over-the-moon excited and sort of understands the concept of keeping a secret.  Clara will be the same age that Lucy was when she was born when the baby comes, so she will be, indeed, a smack-dab-in-the-middle-child. She is exactly 2 years, 2 months younger than Lucy and will be 2 years, 2 months older than the baby.  The poor thing has no idea what is coming and still wants to be held all of the time.  I am trying not to stress as Lucy was the same way at this point in my pregnancy with Clara.

In the past, I have heard all of the things you really shouldn't say to pregnant women, "Are you sure there's only one in there?...You look ready to pop...I think you'll go early...I think they were way off on your due date, you must be further along than that".  As it is still pretty early on in my pregnancy, I haven't heard any of these yet.  I did want to document, though, the funniest things that people (mostly Lucy) have said thus far

Upon showing Lucy an image of the baby at six weeks, similar to the one above, she said (in all seriousness and excitement) "Aww! So we are going to have a baby dinosaur!!"

The nurse practitioner, upon asking how long my husband and I have been together, "Wow! So you guys have really been busy in these five years!"  (I later realized it's only been four and a half)

A friend immediately asked Tony, "You guys are going to wait longer before the next one, right?"  (next one?  As in four?)

So there it is!  As of around the 1st of October (likely later than that...) we are anticipating a third little Otto running around :)

1 comment: