Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Diapers, diapers, diapers.....

When I started blogging the other day I assumed I wouldn't keep it up like most things I start. I thought maybe I'd update once a week at best, but here I am blogging daily and today I have posted twice. Please forgive me.

My BFF Manda called me after reading my previous post regarding diaper coupons. We talk on average about an hour or so a day, and since her little Asher was born in May, we seem to have that much more to talk about. We have mom discussions about diaper brands, BabyGap, sales at Target, bottle brands, and napping schedules. I have my other mom friends here in Austin, but to have Amanda now on the inside makes me very happy :)

Of all of my friends, she is probably the last one I would describe as "thrifty". Needless to say I was shocked when she told me today that she doubles up her coupons to get her Huggies on sale and always gets her wipes for.... wait for it.... FREE. WTF? I have been doing this whole mom gig two years longer and didn't know about this? She inspired me to go through my Target coupons that are vomited out of the checkout everytime I go and I put a bunch of coupons in a tidy little place. I didn't stop there, though. I realized Pampers has these "Gifts to Grow" point codes to be redeemed online on all of their products.

I literally dug through the diaper garbage to find codes on wrappers (not my proudest moment) for wipes, Easy Ups, Baby Dry's. Swaddlers, Cruisers, Splashers, Extra Protection Overnights.... (moms out there know what I'm saying. For the rest of you, you are probably a bit confused). Of course the most wrappers that I have are the huge boxes everywhere (which of course are worth the most points) and the codes are not on the boxes. They are only on the inside plastic bag part that happen to be the first thing I throw away. Long story short, (none of my stories are actually short) I scraped up 170 points. Imagine all the points I would have had had I been doing this the past two years. Ugh.

This morning as I was putting away Lucy's laundry, I did my on-going sweep through of boxing up her clothes that are too small for her. I don't do this often because it usually makes me cry. I think Tony thought I was joking at first until he saw real tears. Thank God I have another girl who will wear all my favorite little dresses again. Tony reminded me again today of his fear that I am going to say we are done having kids and want to have more when I'm 40 and our little ones are going off to college. He is probably right.

I then put boxed up Clara's clothes that are too little. You can imagine how well that went. She slept in her crib last night for the first time. I am secretly a little depressed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment