Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Years Resolutions!

I had the Merriest of Christmases this year!  Even between the traveling to Wisconsin, further into Wisconsin, back to the border, and down here to home in Minnesota to host 18 family members for dinner, I felt all went smoothly and was fairly relaxed.  Dinner included some tears, some sickness, a big fall down the stairs as well as a peeing accident on the stairs (unrelated to the falling), but I would still say it was a success.

My mom surprised me and bought me an antique cameo ring that I had tried on while we were in Milwaukee for Thanksgiving.  I can't stop staring at it, I love it so much. 

Tony waited until the very last minute for the UPS man to show up with my long-awaited iPad on Friday before traveling to be with us for Christmas.  It turns out he missed him by minutes.  I waited all year, so what's another day?  As it turns out, they were closed yesterday, the day after Christmas, and I got a little whiny....

Today, I will not be leaving the house "between the hours of 10am and 2pm".  I can't anyway, as a certain three-year-old refuses to change out of her princess attire.  She will not respond to anything other than "Princess", calls Clara "Snow White", and Tony is "her Prince".  I had the choice between "Evil Queen" and "Step Mudder".  Since when am I no longer the Princess??

We gave the girls my old toy box from my mom and dad's house as a dress up trunk.  I had plans to recover it, but the current fabric is cohesive with their shabby chic bedroom.   Lucy was very excited that Santa remembered to get her "ruffle shoes", as it was the one thing on her Christmas list (that she could remember).


Considering Tony usually has to work on Christmas Eve, I was very excited that he had four whole days off for Christmas this year!  This is us celebrating his last day at home yesterday.





Tony dancing is my favorite, and it always has been.  I think I fall in love with him all over again with his exaggerated arm movements and Night-at-the-Roxbury attitude.  I finally started recording when they were on their third encore presentation of this song.  Notice Lucy is in her Cinderella costume, Clara in her Snow White dress, and Tony in a tiara.


As for New Years, I usually do not come up with resolutions in time.  This year I have three-
1) To lose ten more pounds (I finally hit the goal I originally set, btw)
2) Total Money Makeover (yes, again....)
3) Learn how to knit!  I plan to sign up for a class sometime this week.

Next year, my friends and family, you should all be expecting one of these for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment