Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Monday

Today I realized that it was it has been a year since I started this blog.  And, for the most part, I have really stuck with it!  For me, that's huge.

I wish I could say that in the past year I have tackled those nasty 25 lbs of baby weight after little Miss Clara, but I can't.  The good news is, as of yesterday, I am only six lbs away....until this morning when I was then nine lbs away....or this afternoon when I was eleven lbs away!  Ugh!  WTF?!  I am all worked up just to find out tomorrow I will be further down on the scale than I was yesterday.  I fluctuate so much throughout the day and need to stop weighing myself all the time.

It's fine.  I am very sore from my workout the past two days, and right now I am just proud of myself for making it to six classes last week....or was it five?

Anyway, I started this lovely Monday morning with deep water fitness, which I love, as it is full of social grandmas.  They somehow manage to chat without any shortness of breath and "do the workout" with ease :)  As I walked into the locker room, I came to a halt at the sight of a 70+ year old woman full-frontally-nude right there in the entrance.  I have to admit I was a bit taken back at first.  It was kind of a shock on a Monday morning before I have had any coffee. But then, as I was undressing down to my swimming suit, I was humbled...and then I was jealous.  This lady was so clearly comfortable in her own skin, and confident/mature enough to be naked in a locker room.  And why shouldn't she be?  More importantly, why can't I be?

I had lunch with a friend today who is moving (tear) and told me that my girls are the "best dressed kids ever".  I smiled, but thought to myself, okay, not the best behaved? not the most polite? not the most generous? or smart or funny?  Not that she may not think other nice things about the girls, but it made me check myself and where my priorities are.  I think if I spent as much time teaching the girls insert any skill or manner here as I do putting their outfits together, maybe people's first impressions of them might be different.  (Don't let me fool you, I was flattered to hear that someone thought of them as the best dressed...obviously)  When I arrived home afterward, the sitter told me how well behaved the girls were (phew!) and that, over their macaroni and cheese lunch, Lucy announced, "Guess what?  Did you know everyone has a buttcrack?"

Aha!  There it is!  I found it!  Table manners!  Insert table manners above :)

So here I am, one year later, faced with new challenges and new goals.   -  Lose 6 more pounds (or 9...or 11...), and start cracking down on table manners. Not to mention read more, clean more, sing more, create more, spend less, save more, write more, give more.....

Maybe my goals and challenges are not new at all.  Oof.

No comments:

Post a Comment