Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Latest and Greatest

I know I just posted, but there is so much new in my life that I didn't even touch while ranting about US Mail.

I don't really have time to be blogging right now, but here I am, exhausted, and blogging anyway.  This morning I worked at my new jobby job, Gymocha.  I decided it really was time for them to start paying me to hang out there instead of vice versa.  I love it.  I love the coffee, I love the people, I love it. Being a night owl, these early mornings are a challenge for me.  The other morning I got home before my family was awake for the day.  I heard Lucy stirring up in her room and I sprung up to play with her.  I think she could tell I was more lively than usual and asked, "Mama, were you at Gymocha?"  She also loves the coffee shop and insists that we wave Hello and Goodbye to it everytime we pass it....it's on the way to Target...we drive passed a lot.


I have many things I should be making right now as the bunnies are in bed and my husband isn't home yet.  This hour or so everynight is my favorite.  It is just me, in silence.  I typically start creating, or recently reading.  My latest book is Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony.  It is basically a paradigm shift about looking at parenting as a way to shape your childrens' hearts so faith will form and a relationship with Jesus will flourish, allowing behavior to follow rather than teaching your children right from wrong hoping that they pick up morals and values along the way. 

While attempting to actually live out what I'm learning as I read, I have started to pray with Lucy.  Not just the typical before dinner and bed prayers, but spontaneous and frequent prayers.  We have gotten to the point where she initiates it, and likes to tell Jesus when she needs to go potty or after she had some delicious chocolate milk. 

Last week, Lucy had a a tatrum at the store.  These tantrums are much less frequent, but awful nonetheless.  I was being stubborn and dragging it out long after she realized she was in trouble and how livid I was.  At dinner (which was vegetables only - real punishment) we said our usual prayer and I followed it with, "...and please forgive Lucy for being naughty at the grocery store.  Is there anything you want to pray for, Lucy?"  Lucy proceeded to pray to Jesus asking him to "please forgive Mommy for yelling in the car". 

Boom, roasted.

In other news, Tony and I made a recent agreement that in lieu of gifts all year, I just want an iPad for Christmas.  Valentine's Day was his first holiday "off the hook" (he gets real anxiety over buying me gifts) and he still went ahead and bought me yet another piece of wood with my name carved into it, this time in the shape of a backscratcher. Just in case someone were to come over and think maybe it was their cherrywood backscratcher, this should clear up any confusion.  What a guy.  Love him. 

Also, I have been dairy free for about a week now and really don't know how to cook without cheese.  You don't know what I would do right now for some ice cream.  My GetFit team won the first mini-challenge for the first quarter of the full challenge and we won some really great prizes like an iPod shuffle.  Our mid-point weigh in is a week from today and so far I'm down three pounds...four to go...in one week....oof da!

My Etsy shop is nice and busy.  I am loving every bit of it.  My latest challenge is a requested ruffle shower curtain, and I am so excited to dig in.  I made an apron for a friend of mine from high school who has an amazing blog about being gluten-free.  I asked her to post a picture or two of herself baking in  the apron in exchange of the apron itself, and she blew me away with this post.  Such sweet words and amazing pictures.  I can't thank you enough, Britt!  I am blown away by you.  Thank you for the tremedous support.


(what a fox)

I am off to enjoy a margarita with my husband who just got home after a very long day.  I played the role of mother of three for a couple of hours this afternoon and let's just say I don't plan to live that role out anytime soon.  Not yet, if at all.  I have a new appreciation for mothers of multiples (Melinda Otto, that's you).

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. love the apron anna! you are truly talented! everything you do is amazing! keep at it girl!

    ReplyDelete