Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2

Since I started my blog yesterday, I have been overwhelmed by the responses from friends. Everyone has been so supportive and as it turns out I have picked up several "weight loss buddies". Everyone has made great suggestions as well. One friend even said that she recently started Weight Watchers online and lost 9 lbs in two weeks!! I'm impressed!


I am hoping to do a thrifty weightloss plan as if losing weight isn't challenging enough. I may still try out weightwatchers, but I currently already pay for netflix and we stream movies through our Wii all the time--turns out, they have a ton of workout videos on there. Nice! I am trying hard not to go buy some pink weights or a cute yoga mat and hot workout clothes. Trust me, the temptation is there.


Maybe I will let myself if I hit my goal by the end of this month.



Anyway, Day 1 went fairly well. I stuck to all my rules except the eating late one. However, I did keep my late night snacking healthy and had green peppers with hummus. And, fine, yes, one little dollop of whipped cream....straight from the can....into my mouth. I am such a fat girl at heart :( I've already forgiven myself, so it's okay!



This morning started off with a bowl of fiber one cereal, lunch was a Jennie-O turkey Italian sausage grilled with whole wheat bread. (Tony was eating one. I had to try it. Was it good? No.) There may or may not have been a couple chocolate chips here and there between sips of coffee while folding laundry.



Today is my "day off". Every Tuesday, the girls go to daycare and I usually take the day to catch up on laundry with both of my free hands.....or go to Target. By myself.



Well, the laundry is doing its thing and I am on day 4 of my Target ban. I do have a million other things on my to-do list, but all I can think about is baking another apple pie :/ After all, I did buy enough apples to make two and I wouldn't want them to go bad. Now you may be thinking "Well, fatty, just eat those apples. They will be better for you by themselves." but the problem is I bought specific "pie-making apples" and seperate apples for eating AND I happen to have a second crust sitting in my fridge. I am probably going to go ahead and make the pie. Stop judging me.




This will be my true test. I am purposely not keeping all sweets and things out of the house because I know myself well enough to know that if I cut it out completely, I will binge and justify eating poorly later. I will be balls deep in a chocolate cake yelling, "It's okay! I haven't had ice cream all week!"

Everything in moderation for me this time around!

To everyone who has reached out by commenting or sending my emails/fb messages, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I do now feel completely accountable and 100% supported. My lovely husband got home from work last night and as I watched him read my blog he actually laughed out loud. That alone made my day.


To all of my fellow fat girls at heart (my FFGH)--


I was so thrilled to hear that I may have motivated some of you to join me and we can support each other along the way. Please share your battles with me as well. I need that!


To my skinny bitch friends who are a natural 115 lbs, or never wore maternity jeans while pregnant, or lost your baby weight by your 6-week post natal appointment or who are my mom-


You should know who you are (especially you, Mom, I called you out by name). Your comments are welcomed and appreciated, but keep your size 2 judgement and single chin giggles to a minimum, please.



Anywho, tonight's dinner - Ratatouille! The most appetizing way to eat veggies without grilling them, if you ask me. I've never made it before, so this should be interesting. Wish me luck!


5 comments:

  1. I have never had Ratatouille.. you must repost to say how it turned out!

    I love that you have tuesdays to yourself. What a great idea. I have no energy to ever do anything around the house because the kids are always by my side messing things up or in constant need of something.

    thrifty is always best! I wish it worked for me. I have all the netflix exercise videos on my tv queue but hate working out at home... when I go to the Y I have to atleast make it look like i'm working hard so that I don't look like an idiot in front of everyone there. At home I'm like "one... two... three... okay this sucks... I really should go change over the laundry." Plus I get away from the kids!

    We should have a local group or something for accountability.. and/or a mini contest. ??

    -kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go anna! i know how hard it is with sweets, i'm a fat kid at heart! i feel your pain about the skinny b!tches who loose the baby weight in 2 seconds! lol! love ya girl! keep sharing! it's keeping everyone else motivated too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have cute pink weights that you can use till you get your own :) i graduated to cute purple ones that match my yoga mat :) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinner looks great, I'm having dorito salad tonight for dinner, NOT part of the skinny mission. It is a taco heaven salad that my sister and I indulge in. I did however go to hot yoga for an hour and sweat out god knows what. Please join me some time for hot yoga, you will die/love the torcher at the same time...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, just to tell you, I am not a size 2, I am the same size as you in your wedding photo. I love your courage to reach out for accountability and support. You are my hero, as you ALWAYS get what you want and I am confident that you will reach your goal this time too and inspire others along the way. A walking and exercise partner is a fantastic way to go. Thank you Emily for being Anna's walking partner. We will show up when someone else is there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete