Monday, November 7, 2011

Production

My first craft show is this weekend.  I have been up late sewing for about the past four weeks.  My house has been neglected ever since including the dishes, laundry, my personal hygiene, and my eyebrows.  Yikes!
I honestly haven't even unpacked from our trip to Vegas....three weeks ago...

Needless to say, I haven't had time to blog.  Every time I think about it, I think if I have time to blog, I should be using that time to craft....or do laundry....or take a shower!!

Well here I am anyway.  I am feeling well prepared for the show and, while I have some stuff to make yet, I miss writing and must document the latest in the life here at home.

Miss Lucy has been full of all sorts of new sayings and expressions.  The other night at JoAnn's she insisted that Clara needs some "privacy" and asked Clara, "Where do you think you're going?"  On Saturday, alone, she told me she wanted some "big girl bonding time" with me, called Clara her "bestie" and stood in front of her mirror saying, "Mommy, I am just looking at how beautiful I am".  I have created a serious monster.

We caught the flu at our house (everyone but me... so far...fingers crossed!) and Clara has been the crabbiest little girl I have ever dealt with.  She is old enough to know what she wants but can't communicate it to me.  It's extremely frustrating.  We haven't left the house for a couple of days now.  In Clara's case, maybe this is good, as she looks like an abuse victim after falling off her baby tricycle and scraping her face on the landscaping bricks outside. Landscaping bricks? Does that sound right?  I am not familiar with things of the outside world.  By that I literally mean things that are outside.

In preparation for the craft show this weekend I have made approximately 15 ruffle aprons, 20 scarves, 20 headbands (so far), hair bows, 6 sets of baby burp cloths and 2 sets of "fancy" bibs for baby girls.  Considering all of my sales thus far have been made-to-order, this intense production phase hopefully means that I can have some time just to sell and relax...unless, of course, I sell out of everything.  That would be a good problem to have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment